1) When I was 6 years old my main ambition was to be the youngest ever published author. I read the Garden Gang at the time, written by 7 year-old Jayne Fisher, and thought I could do better…! Years later I wrote a complete horror novel and a ‘humorous’ novel inspired by Trainspotting. Both awful, might I add.
|Grace Grape was a bit sexy, wasn’t she?!|
3) I’ve done a parachute jump. It was completely out of character – no-one was more surprised than me – but one of the best feelings EVER.
4) I can do the complete rap of ‘Let’s Talk About Sex’ by Salt ‘n’ Pepa. No other comment necessary, I feel.
5) I used to do weekly dancing competitions. You know the type: fake tan, sequins, backcombed hair…it’s probably just as well I couldn’t find a photo. I was once in a team called ‘Primitive Desire’, where we wore tiger print and thongs. I was 11.
6) I adore Jewish music, particularly Klezmer (the frantic stuff people can’t help but dance to) and Sephardic/Ladino.
7) Last year I was an au pair. One of THE toughest jobs I’ve ever done – kudos to you mothers!! I will always love that child though – my maternal instinct has been on overdrive ever since.
8) I occasionally ‘tread the boards’, as the saying goes. I once even made it on to the cover of Amateur Stage!! What an irresistible taste of fame!
9) I can rarely listen to cello music without crying. I used to play, but not well enough to make people cry…
10) I am a total Lord of the Rings geek. I could talk about it for ages. This guy helped:
I’m not as bad as some, but I do know some Elvish phrases…What? Come back!!!